LRL Associates Ltd. | Ottawa, ON
We are currently looking for an Mechanical Engineering Technician/Technologist with minimum 2 years of experience in a consulting engineering firm to lead and support projects in the building mechanical and electrical design services. Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Developing schematic and detailed designs;
- Options Development;
- Coordinating construction administration services;
- Tender specifications for construction; and
- Co-ordinate work with Architects and Engineers of other disciplines
Required Education & Experience:
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology or equivalent.
- 2+ years related experience. Project management and building engineering consulting experience are strongly preferred.
The Successful Candidate Will Have the Following:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, independent and reliable worker.
- Must be personable and have excellent communication skills.
- Excellent judgement skills.
- Dedicated to quality of workmanship. Ability to act in a professional manner.
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills.
- Valid driver’s license. Access to vehicle.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
- Good knowledge and experience with CADD (AutoCAD and/or Revit)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.