LRL Associates Ltd. is a multi-disciplinary engineering firm, which has been providing professional services in the National Capital Region since 1985. Our head office is located in Ottawa, Ontario. With our staff of over 25 licensed engineers, scientists and technicians, we are able to provide services in a variety of engineering fields which include municipal, structural, geotechnical, mechanical, electrical and environmental engineering.
We are currently looking for a Junior Environmental Technician/Technologist to support projects in the environmental engineering service department. Roles and responsibilities to assist the Environmental Services Manager and Engineer in carrying out the following tasks include (but are not limited to):
- Coordinating and conducting environmental assessment fieldwork;
- Collecting soil, groundwater, surface water, air and bulk building material samples;
- Conducting site monitoring and surveying of varying complexity;
- Documenting field activities and data;
- Compiling, processing, and presenting field data in tables, figures and plans; and
- Analyzing data following standard methods.
Required Education & Experience:
- College Diploma in Environmental Technology or equivalent;
- Experience in, and willingness, to undertake fieldwork year-round in any weather conditions;
- Experience with prescribed safety and technical protocols;
The Successful Candidate Will Have the Following:
The successful candidate will have the following attributes as a minimum:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Knowledgeable with the AutoCAD drafting program;
- Self-motivated, independent and reliable worker with the ability to work with a team;
- Must be personable and have excellent communication skills;
- Excellent judgement skills;
- Dedicated to quality of workmanship. Ability to act in a professional manner;
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills;
- Valid driver’s license. Access to vehicle; and
- Bilingualism is an asset.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates whose skills most closely match the position will be contacted. No phone calls please.