LRL Associates Ltd. | Ottawa, ON or Moncton, NB
We are currently looking for an experienced Electrical Engineer to lead and support projects in the building mechanical and electrical design services in Ottawa, ON or Moncton, NB. Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Developing schematic and detailed designs;
- Designs to include lighting, power (normal & emergency), security, communications and fire alarm systems;
- Estimating construction costs;
- Options development and technical report writing;
- Conducting site investigations and construction inspections;
- Attend design and construction meetings;
- Coordinating construction administration services;
- Tender specifications for construction; and
- Co-ordinate work with Architects and Engineers of other discipline.
Required Education & Experience:
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering (B.Sc.A Eng.)
- 5+ years related experience. Project management and building engineering consulting experience are strongly preferred.
The Successful Candidate Will Have the Following:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, independent and reliable worker.
- Must be personable and have excellent communication skills.
- Excellent judgement skills.
- Dedicated to quality of workmanship. Ability to act in a professional manner.
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills.
- Valid driver’s license. Access to vehicle.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
- Good knowledge and experience with CADD (AutoCAD and/or Revit)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite