LRL Associates Ltd. | Ottawa, ON
LRL is looking for a hardworking and dedicated team member to join the Civil department to assist in field inspections and other quality assurance tasks.
As a member of our civil group, you would be responsible for field inspection assignments for various construction projects ranging from commercial development to residential subdivisions.
- Reviewing and interpreting contract drawings and specifications.
- Inspecting construction on site to ensure compliance with the design drawings.
- Recording and documenting daily activity on site and monitoring for quality assurance.
- Liaison with contractors and other stakeholders.
- Employing measuring and testing techniques in assessing contract compliance
- Assisting with the administration of the construction contracts.
- Temporary, Contract
Required Education & Experience:
- Completion or currently enrolled in a civil engineering/construction technician program (college or university)
The Successful Candidate Will Have the Following:
- Valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle with valid registration and insurance.
- Ability to work flexible schedules and travel to site locations within the area.
- Analytical, technical and problem-solving skills and abilities
- Familiar with control tools used in surveying and construction (measuring devises, laser level)
- Detail oriented, Positive, engaging and helpful attitude
- Well-organized and a self-directed person with excellent communication skills.
- Experience working with AutoCAD is an asset.