LRL Associates Ltd. | Ottawa, ON
Civil Engineering technologist to work directly with engineers and other team members to support the liaison and design aspect of civil and municipal engineering projects such as:
- Municipal roads, sewer, water, utilities an infrastructure design;
- Stormwater management design and modelling;
- Commercial and residential land developments.
- Site grading plans
Required Education & Experience:
- Graduated from college program for Civil Engineering Technology or Technologist
- Eligible to obtain Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T.) designation is an asset.
- 2-7 years related experience. Engineering consulting experience is strongly preferred.
The Successful Candidate Will Have the Following:
- Good knowledge and experience with AutoCAD and Civil 3D as a design and drafting tool.
- Knowledge on construction projects form concept to completion.
- Ability to interpret construction drawings for liaison, construction phase services, and understanding of building demands.
- Must demonstrate familiarity with City of Ottawa and MOE design guidelines.
- Stormwater management;
- Preparation of specifications and reports;
- Site Grading
- Sizing of infrastructure based on Sanitary and domestic water Demands
- Preparing Civil3d surfaces, volume calculations, and a comprehensive knowledge of Civil3D to e utilized as a grading tool.
- Coordinating with other engineering disciplines, technologists and sub-consultants;
- Site Inspection and field review of various construction projects to ensure project is proceeding as per the design documents.
- Valid drivers license. Access to a vehicle.
- Bilingualism is an asset.